Litigation in Energy & Natural Resources Sectors
LCF has an outstanding dispute resolution track record within Energy and Natural Resources sectors. The total value of industry disputes resolved in our clients’ favour exceeds $1.5 bln. LCF’s attorneys have reinstated the validity of more than 25 exploration & production licenses on the territory of the largest deposits in Ukraine.
Our clients include Ares System Ltd. (Ariana Business Limited), Boston Industrial Corporation L.P., Carpatsky Petroleum Corporation, East Europe Petroleum (Golden Derrik), Kuwait Energy, Smith Ukraine, S.I. Group Consort, Vikoil, Ukrenergy Coal, Arab Energy Alliance, BRSM, Kyivenergo, Ukrnaftoburinnya.
- dispute resolution as to validity and enforcement of production sharing agreements and joint ventures
- dispute resolution with state regulators and local authorities regarding approval and issuance / revocation of permits for use of deposits
- dispute resolution as to the applicability of special “green tariff” and state guarantees granted to renewable energy investors
- dispute resolution with tax authorities
- dispute resolution relating to deficiencies in infrastructure construction, accidents and indemnification of damages
- corporate dispute resolution between investors and the state
- representation and protection of interests in domestic and foreign arbitration courts
- protection of interests in disputes with the Anti-Monopoly Commission of Ukraine
- enforcement of court rulings on monetary recovery at the expense of the state and local budgets
- specialised expert opinions involving leading industry specialists and scientists