retaining them for the most difficult disputes over distressed assets and bankruptcy of borrowers.
LCF has upheld its position as Ukraine’s market leader in banking & finance dispute resolution for the past 10 years. Our track record counts more than 500 resolved disputes on behalf of Ukraine’s Top-25 domestic and international banks, insurance & financial institutions and big businesses.
LCF is the reference law firm in representing lending banks’ interests. Our clients include, inter alia – Alfa Bank, Altbank, BTA Bank, Credobank, Pravex Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), OTP Bank, Taskombank, Ukrsotsbank, Universal Bank, VS Bank. The total value of disputes under our legal representation on behalf of lenders has exceeded $2 bln.
Equally, LCF represents interests of big businesses in credit relations with great efficiency. We are the trusted legal advisers to AVK, Fozzy Group, Yuria-Pharm, Blitz-Info, MRIYA Agro Holding, Kyiv Cardboard and Paper Mill etc. The total value of disputes under our legal representation on behalf of borrowers has reached $500 mln.
- dispute resolution as to the validity of guarantee, mortgage, security interest, loan agreements
- judicial recovery of bad debts
- debt recovery from guarantors
- collateral and mortgage security enforcement through courts
- annulment or recognition of the right to collateral and mortgaged property
- debt recovery through international courts
- enforcement of judgements involving the state executive authority of Ukraine and private enforcement agencies
- search and judicial discovery of debtor’s assets using state measures and involving international investigators
- use of arrests and ring-fencing of debtor’s assets in Ukraine and in other jurisdictions
- repossession of debtor’s corporate rights, suspension of directors’ executive powers, establishment of control over corporate governance
- nonjudicial foreclosure procedures
- judicial appeal against lender gaining property rights over debtor’s assets
- appeal against lender gaining property rights over debtor’s assets with the Complaints Commission with regard to the state registration at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- dispute resolution in inter-bank lending and subordinated debt
- dispute resolution with regulators: registration, licensing, approval of significant stake purchases, contesting audits by the Central Bank of Ukraine, financial and securities markets regulator, Antitrust watchdog
- tax dispute resolution involving financial institutions