LCF has upheld its position as Ukraine’s market leader in banking & finance dispute resolution for the past 10 years. Our track record counts more than 500 resolved disputes on behalf of Ukraine’s Top-25 domestic and international banks, insurance & financial institutions and big businesses.
LCF is the reference law firm in representing lending banks’ interests. Our clients include, inter alia – Altbank, BTA Bank, Credobank, Pravex Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), Taskombank, Universal Bank, VS Bank. The total value of disputes under our legal representation on behalf of lenders has exceeded $2 bln.
Equally, LCF represents interests of big businesses in credit relations with great efficiency. We are the trusted legal advisers to AVK, Fozzy Group, Yuria-Pharm, MRIYA Agro Holding, Kyiv Cardboard and Paper Mill etc. The total value of disputes under our legal representation on behalf of borrowers has reached $500 mln.
- dispute resolution as to the validity of guarantee, mortgage, security interest, loan agreements
- judicial recovery of bad debts
- debt recovery from guarantors
- collateral and mortgage security enforcement through courts
- annulment or recognition of the right to collateral and mortgaged property
- debt recovery through international courts
- enforcement of judgements involving the state executive authority of Ukraine and private enforcement agencies
- search and judicial discovery of debtor’s assets using state measures and involving international investigators
- use of arrests and ring-fencing of debtor’s assets in Ukraine and in other jurisdictions
- repossession of debtor’s corporate rights, suspension of directors’ executive powers, establishment of control over corporate governance
- nonjudicial foreclosure procedures
- judicial appeal against lender gaining property rights over debtor’s assets
- appeal against lender gaining property rights over debtor’s assets with the Complaints Commission with regard to the state registration at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- dispute resolution in inter-bank lending and subordinated debt
- dispute resolution with regulators: registration, licensing, approval of significant stake purchases, contesting audits by the Central Bank of Ukraine, financial and securities markets regulator, Antitrust watchdog
- tax dispute resolution involving financial institutions