Authorities worldwide are increasingly focusing their attention on tax avoidance and other taxation matters of international and domestic corporations, as well as high-net-worth individuals.
LCF’s tax litigation practice benefits from an extensive track-record in advising taxpayers, both corporate clients and private individuals. From the outset of any project, we develop a strategy for cooperation with tax authorities, determine ways of managing any potential disputes, forecast litigation risks and possibility of their resolution through administrative procedures. Our specialty lies in tackling high-value tax disputes. The team has vast experience in cross-border dispute resolution on the basis of Bilateral Investment Treaties and Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements.
Represented by LCF’s lawyers, our clients have won disputes with tax authorities for an aggregate value of over $1.25bn. Among our clients are Humana People to People, Smith Ukraine, Vikoil, AVK, Kievguma, Insurance Group TAS, Universal Bank, Yuria-Pharm and others.
- expert corporate finance opinion
- financial reporting and tax accounting audit
- representation of interests during tax audits
- legal representation in administrative appeal of tax notices and other acts of fiscal authorities
- advisory in VAT invoice registration and unfreezing process
- judicial appeal of tax notices and other acts of fiscal authorities
- judicial appeal against refusal in VAT invoice registration process
- judicial appeal of actions and decisions of tax authorities on transfer valuation issues