Bankruptcy & Restructuring
LCF is recognised as one of the strongest law firms in Ukraine in Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice. As of the beginning of 2018 we have advised on cases with an aggregate value of over $1bn in corporate bankruptcy area.
LCF has been acting in a number of high-profile notable bankruptcies, including in the context of corporate conflicts and involving a large number of interconnected litigations in Ukraine and foreign jurisdictions. Majority of the involved bankrupt entities are active industrial corporates with complex asset structures and are wealth-creating and vital for cities and regions.
We involve the best litigators and arbitrators, executives with expertise in specific sectors, auditors from leading international firms, influential court experts and appraisers, and collaborate with trading houses and electronic exchanges with impeccable market reputation.
Building on its vast experience, LCF has been actively involved in the ongoing changes to the key bankruptcy and litigation regulations and governing framework. LCF partners and advisors form part of working groups at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, and actively participate in advisory meetings with experts from the International Monetary Fund, the Council of Europe, USAID, the Independent Association of Ukrainian Banks.
- lender protection during debtor’s bankruptcy proceedings
- appeal against the infringement of bankruptcy proceedings by the debtor
- appeal against debtor’s corporate and registration actions in and out of courts
- use of arrests and ring-fencing of debtor’s assets
- annulment of actions and agreements on debtor’s assets
- appeal against illegal transfer of debtor’s assets through courts and with the Complaints Commission with regard to the state registration at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- return of assets into bankruptcy proceedings
- dismissal of debtor’s executive directors
- appeal against illegal actions of asset trustee, administrator, liquidator
- appeal against auction results of debtor’s assets
- ensuring asset disposal in liquidation process at the highest price
- investigating issues of market dominance during asset acquisition by debtor
- representation in debtor’s bankruptcy proceedings
- corporate restructuring
- protection in criminal proceedings related to bankruptcy
- bank insolvency and liquidation: disputes involving the Deposit Guarantee Fund for individuals, protection of bank’s shareholders’, depositors’, clients’ interests
- advisory on bank insolvency, recapitalisation and taking banks out of the market