The recently implemented groundbreaking changes to the Corporate Law in Ukraine have sparked our clients’ demand for corporate governance advisory of the highest quality. The novelty introduction to the corporate legislative framework is the concept of shareholder agreements which introduces an opportunity for improving governance efficiency.
LCF specialises in advising joint-stock companies and companies with complex ownership structures, including large financial and industrial holdings. Our experts are part of the Professional Association of Corporate governance of Ukraine (PACU).
We assist businesses in assessing the prevailing state of corporate governance, developing an optimal structure, aligning statutory and other documents of the company with the new legal requirements. Our clients receive a detailed plan for introducing the changes, including timeframe and cost assessment. LCF’s advice always considers client’s sector of operations, its actual and optimal corporate structure, compliance requirements and specific business goals (e.g. increased efficiency or fundraising).
Areas of expertise:
- restructuring of corporate governance in compliance with legal requirements
- shareholder and corporate agreements
- statutory documents, corporate governance acts
- services of an independent director on the Board of Directors (Supervisory Board)
- representing interests of a shareholder / involved party
- legal audit of Board of Directors’ reports / management activities
- execution of significant transactions, interested and related party transactions, and their approval by the autorised persons of the company
- corporate secretary services
- convening and holding of a general meeting
- squeeze-out and sell-out procedures in joint-stock companies
- contracts with members of the Board of Directors (Supervisory Board) and executive directors of the company
- arbitration of corporate conflicts