Financial Services Litigation
LCF’s practice in financial disputes, as well as banking disputes, is second to none. LCF’s competitive advantage lies in its professional expert know-how and in-depth knowledge of banking and finance sectors, comparable only to that of the key market participants.
Our regular clients are the frontline financial market participants: Allianz Ukraine, Dragon Capital, Capital Times Investment Company, and the largest banks in Ukraine: Alfa Bank, Altbank, BTA Bank, OTP Bank, Pravex Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), Teskombank, Ukrsotsbank, Universal Bank, VS Bank, asset management companies, mutual funds, leasing & factoring companies.
LCF has managed complex litigation cases between asset managers and end-investors in disputes regarding early buyback of bonds, validity and execution of factoring agreements, and litigation with the regulators as to delisting of market securities.
Dispute resolution in matters of
- issuance and trading of securities
- delisting / trading suspension of market securities
- asset management in mutual funds
- fulfillment of obligations under derivative contracts
- bankruptcy of financial institutions as debtors
- disputes with regulators: registration, licensing, obtaining permission to purchase significant stakes, contesting inspections by the financial and securities markets regulators, the Central Bank of Ukraine, antitrust watchdog etc.
- taxation of financial institutions
- public finances
- financial restructuring