LCF has a far-reaching experience in representing both Ukrainian and international insurance companies. Among our clients are: Allianz Ukraine, Colonnade Ukraine (QBE Ukraine), Alfa Insurance, European Travel Insurance, Kyiv Insurance House, Insurance Company ‘Persha’, Insurance Group TAS.
LCF engages with the best expert institutions and highly qualified professionals within the insurance sector. Our portfolio of successfully resolved disputes includes cases in specialised areas of life insurance, property insurance, professional and civil liability, insurance against financial risks and litigation costs, insurance of assets including investments, loans, guarantees granted and guarantees received, as well as corporate, environmental and cyber insurance.
In the financial services market our team is known to represent insurance companies in disputes with the Motor (Transport) Insurance Bureau of Ukraine (MTIBU) and the National Commission for financial services regulation with great efficiency. Other successful projects include protection of policyholders’ interests in disputes over the amount and enforcement of insurance payments.
- legal substantiation to the rejected insurance claims
- enforcement of payment of insurance claims
- contestating insurance contracts
- indemnification of damages through regress or subrogation processes
- recovery from MTIBU of reglementary payments, including payments due by insurance companies in bankruptcy
- contesting, on behalf of insurance companies, use of means of influence by MTIBU and other regulators
- dispute resolution with MTIBU as to the gathering, distribution and reimbursement of funds within the centralised insurance reserve fund
- reinsurance dispute resolution