LCF regularly acts as legal counsel to foreign and domestic companies in investment disputes both in domestic courts and international arbitration. Our clients are invested in a wide range of industries and include: Bunge Ukraine, Carpatsky Petroleum Corporation, Kuwait Energy, Ovostar Union, S.I. Group Consort, Ukrenergy Coal, MRIYA Agro Holding, Agrarian Company Eridon, Nikmorservice, individual shareholders.
We minimise any potential risk of future litigation from the early drafting stages of investment agreements and protect our clients’ investments at each subsequent stage of the project: initial investment, project implementation, distribution of profits, completion and divestment.
We apply a wide range of resolution tools in investment disputes: negotiation and mediation, arbitration (ICC, LCIA, SCC), specific resolution procedures in investment disputes (ICSID), administrative appeal procedures against decisions of public authorities.
- protection of investors’ corporate rights
- privatisation dispute resolution, including legal expert analysis under foreign (e.g. English) law
- protection of investment contributions in mutual funds
- indemnification of losses resulting from unlawful actions by state authorities, local governing bodies, other counterparties
- dispute resolution in implementation of investment agreements (joint ventures, production sharing and concession agreements)
- ownership recognition over an investment asset
- appeal against decisions of state authorities and local governing bodies
- investment protection against nationalisation, requisition, expropriation
- protection of investors’ interests in international investment arbitration proceedings