Banking & Finance
LCF has been widely recognised as the reference legal advisor in Ukraine’s banking and finance industry for over 10 years. Our clients include Alfa Bank, Altbank, BTA Bank, OTP Bank, Pravex Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), Tascombank, Ukrsotsbank, Universal Bank, VS Bank, Allianz Ukraine, Dragon Capital, Capital Times Investment Company. Within the industry we also assist clients in their use of financial instruments and banking products.
LCF’s specialist counsels offer professional expert opinions, extensive knowledge of banking, finance and insurance laws, and understanding of the operational specificities levelled only with leading industry professionals. We have successfully represented lenders’ interests in disputes with an aggregate value of over $2bn. At the same time, we have assisted our clients with large-scale business operations to avoid insolvencies, settle debts, restructure and maintain their companies. The total value of disputes under our legal representation on behalf of borrowers reaches $500mn.
We advise and represent financial institutions’ beneficial owners and investors in legal relations with the industry regulators, whether at inception, licensing or during operational activities; in structuring of project financing; in restructurings and refinancings. We are an equally trusted legal counsel in complex and highly specialised disputes in the areas of market securities, financial services and insurance disputes, including reinsurance, disputes with regulators regarding licensing and professional activity.
Areas of expertise
- banking & finance licensing procedures, interactions with the regulator: e.g. registration, licencing, approval of significant stake purchases
- obtaining preliminary decisions in concentration reviews, procedures of securing Anti-Monopoly Committee of Ukraine’s approval for concentration
- corporate governance for banks and financial institutions
- issues relating to mutual funds, interactions with the regulator, end-investors, specialised institutions
- issuance of securities
- financial restructuring
- litigation relating to indebtedness, guarantees and security pledges in Ukraine and abroad
- search and recovery of debtor’s assets, contestation of registration actions related to asset alienation
- extrajudicial foreclosure of debtor’s assets
- representation of borrower’s interests in all types of litigation
- refinancing transactions and restructurings
- bankruptcy of financial institutions, disputes during insolvency procedures and liquidation of banks
- support during debtor’s bankruptcy proceedings
- disputes with regulators: registration, licencing, approval of significant stake purchases, contesting audits and penalties, appealing against cancellation (revocation) of licence, introducing temporary administration (liquidation and withdrawal from the market)
- disputes involving the Deposit Guarantee Fund for individuals and the National Bank of Ukraine: representation of bank’s shareholders, depositors, clients or state entities
- disputes related to market securities, financial services
- disputes in inter-bank lending and subordinated debt