Business Protection in Criminal Proceedings
LCF attorneys offer professional legal assistance to businesses in criminal proceedings related to financial, accounting, tax and/or abuse of office crimes.
During the normal course of business, both shareholders and executive managers of a company are exposed to potential risks of criminal prosecution. Unprincipled competitors and counteragents have been known to use criminal accusations and initiate proceedings as a means of triggering pressures from law enforcement agencies. We develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for protecting business from such criminal persecutions, and, if necessary, initiate criminal proceedings on behalf of our clients.
- legal audit of company’s activities in order to identify possible risks of criminal prosecution
- development and implementation of an effective defence strategy in criminal proceedings
- preparation of company’s executive directors and employees for possible investigative actions
- legal assistance during investigative process (including in interrogations, search, provision of temporary access to property and documents, notification of suspicion)
- corporate finance expert opinion (e.g. evaluation of losses, accounting audit)
- preparation of procedural documents in criminal proceedings
- representation in courts
- application process to the European Court of Human Rights