Energy and Natural Resources
LCF is a regular legal advisor to the national and international companies in the sphere of oil and gas, waste management, power generation and energy markets.
Our clients include: SCATEC Solar Solutions Ukraine, Right Power, Ares System Ltd. (Ariana Business Limited), Boston Industrial Corporation L.P., Carpatsky Petroleum Corporation, Finance Real (Gamota Agro), East Europe Petroleum (Golden Derrik), Kuwait Energy, Smith Ukraine, S.I. Group Consort, Vikoil, Ukrenergy Coal, Arab Energy Alliance, BRSM, Kyivenergo, Ukrnaftoburinnya.
We have an unparalleled track record in structuring, drafting, negotiating and successfully executing production sharing agreements and joint ventures in exploration as well as extraction between private and public entities.
In the field of alternative energy, we support projects at all stages: starting from development, attracting investments and construction to regulatory procedures, licensing, “feed-in tariff” designation and launching operations in the electricity market.
We also have a unique experience in structuring and concluding product sharing agreements and joint venture agreements in the field of geological exploration and industrial extraction of natural resources between private business and public sector.
LCF specialists are always well-versed in the specifics of the industry’s regulatory issues and customers’ business tasks at all stages. Our clients value the ability to solve non-standard legal issues when implementing complex and high value private equity projects.
At the same time, our deep industrial expertise combined with successful experience in litigation allows to identify and mitigate regulatory and contractual risks when drafting project algorithms, structuring agreements, resolving regulatory and licensing issues.
Areas of expertise:
- Corporate law advisory for energy-related projects
- Development and implementation of investment projects in the oil and gas sector in connection with the exploration and production of hydrocarbons
- Due diligence for projects and investments
- Ensuring compliance with the antitrust and competition laws
- Legal support for alternative energy projects and for electricity market operations
- Regulatory and permitting procedures in the area of subsoil use
- Tax advisory, tax structuring